01 August 2013

Formally Leaving the Catholic Church

Cutting all ties to the Roman Catholic Church.

I'm embarking on a quest. Scientologists would call it routing out, and I suppose that term is useful here in the Catholic context too. I am formally renouncing the Catholic Church. You may be thinking to yourself, Max, you haven't been in Roman Catholic Church in at least twenty years, you are an atheist, and so, as a right cross follows a jab, you are not a Roman Catholic now.

Too right, constant reader, too right. However, and crucially, the Roman Catholic Church still counts me as one of their flock, and not just privately. I form one unit of Catholicism, according to them, in the numbers apologists like to throw around when they are being talking heads attempting to influence public opinion. The main way in which such numbers are used as an apologetics tool is to justify the plea for respecting the opinions, and doctrines of their institution. It is alleged by the Church that nearly a billion people are Catholic. I'm not sure how valid those numbers are (though I suspect they are inflated) but I certainly don't want to be used to artificially given them a bump of even one.

Its strange that, given my more than thirty year absence, from the Church that they would continue to use me in the tabulation of their numbers. For years I thought that since I had stopped going, they would stop counting me as a member of their congregations. In the grand history of immorality that is the Roman Catholic Church this is most likely at tiny deception. No matter,  knowing this is how they do things I feel I must see myself removed from their rolls. If you have let your Catholic faith go, no longer attend, and plan never to attend again, I would urge you to consider this course of action. Its such an immoral organization why let your name even be minutely associated with it?

Anyway, for how ever long this process takes I will keep Brunch readers updated. I've sent my first email inquiry today, and hope to hear back from someone with a funny collar, or crazy hat soon.

4 Comments:

At 5:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

nike air max, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, air force, new balance pas cher, hollister pas cher, true religion jeans, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, sac guess, ray ban uk, timberland, tn pas cher, hogan, north face, mulberry, true religion jeans, michael kors, nike trainers, nike roshe, hollister, nike air max, nike huarache, lacoste pas cher, sac longchamp, air max, converse pas cher, louboutin pas cher, oakley pas cher, coach purses, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, longchamp, true religion outlet, michael kors, north face, coach outlet, nike blazer, lululemon, vanessa bruno, nike air max, nike roshe run, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, burberry, nike free run uk, hermes, air jordan pas cher, nike free

 
At 3:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Packers and Movers in Pune
Packers and Movers Pune
Packers and Movers from Pune

 
At 10:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It is nice post
Visit Links:
Packers and Movers Mumbai
Packers and Movers Andheri
Packers and Movers Airoli
Packers and Movers Borivali
Packers and Movers Bandra
Packers and Movers Kalyan
Packers and Movers Kharghar
Packers and Movers Kandivali
Packers and Movers Thane

 
At 1:39 AM , Blogger whatsapp status said...


visit us
whatsapp status
whatsapp status in english
english whatsapp status
whatsapp status in hindi
hindi whatsapp status
attitude whatsapp status
attitude  status
status on attitude
best attitude status
status of attitude
gudi padwa sms
gudi padwa messages
gudi padwa
gudi padwa marathi sms
gudi padwa sms in marathi
happy gudi padwa
gudi padwa wishes in marathi
gudi padwa whatsapp status

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home